If the summer heat gets to you, it makes your pet uncomfortable too! Protect your pets from the heat wave to avoid discomfort and serious health problems. Keep them well hydrated, keep their environment clean and keep them away from the scorching sun.
Antoine Chabassol from Pawsomebox, a gift box subscription service, provides a few tips, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
* When leaving your pets at home for the day, leave out a substantial number of water bowls on the floor to make sure your furry friend has a refreshing drink.
* If you're going out with your pet in tow, take portable water bowls and bottles of water to ensure you can give them regular drinks.
* Take your pet out for early morning or late evening walks as pavements can get very hot during the day, which can be painful for animals to walk on.
* For pets that are kept in a cage, ensure they have plenty of water and shade. Keep their surroundings clean as warmer weather increases the risk of fatal health conditions.
* Never leave your pet in a car, as the risk of heat stroke is extremely high and it can have devastating consequences on the animal.