Here's how to bring about a positive change. The most common New Year resolution is to focus on fitness.
Joe Turner, personal trainer and lead tutor at www.thetrainingroom.com shares tips to help you materialise your New Year fitness resolution, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
* Ask a personal trainer to prepare a realistic programme for you.
* Change your programme every four to six weeks.
* Set precise goals. For instance, "I want to lose 10 kg in four weeks". It shouldn't be "I want to lose weight".
* Take an expert's advice on the right nutrition. The best exercise routine will fail if your diet lacks healthy food items.
* Find a training buddy and commit to get fit together.
* Tell others what you are doing - in person and on social networking sites. This makes you accountable.