Firefighters Battle Blaze at Alzheimer’s Care Centre

by Vishnuprasad on  February 21, 2015 at 10:33 PM Press Release   - G J E 4
Falling ice caused a small gas line explosion last Thursday morning at a Duxbury Alzheimer's facility.
Firefighters Battle Blaze at Alzheimer’s Care Centre
Firefighters Battle Blaze at Alzheimer’s Care Centre

The ice that dropped caused a gas meter to become detached from a pipe that feeds the heating system at the Alzheimer's care center. The fire started at 10:15 a.m. There are about 20-to-24 Alzheimer's patients in that wing of the facility, but no one was near the area of the explosion. No one was hurt.

The residents were evacuated and moved to the Bay Path Rehabilitation and Nursing Center. Three-to-four apartments were damaged by the explosion.

Firefighters knocked down the fire quickly and cut the gas to the building. The incident in Duxbury was similar to a gas line explosion that occurred at Quincy Medical Center on Wednesday.

Source: Medindia

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

More News on: