Christmas celebrations are around the corner and, like everyone else, pregnant women too want to enjoy the festive season. So here is a list of dos and don'ts for pregnant ladies.
Pregnancy active wear specialists FittaMamma says less alcohol, consumption of lots of water, proper diet are the basic mantra's, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Advertisement- Comfortable clothes: The festival shopping might keep you on your toes. So wearing something to support the weight of bump will make the shopping day last longer.
- Avoid alcohol: Enjoy a glass of something refreshing and sparkly instead of alcohol. Mixing up a batch of ginger and lime sparkler not only tastes good, but sparkles almost like champagne help with pregnancy nausea as well.
- Stay hydrated: Christmas is tiring, you get out of your normal routines and it is easy to forget your usual bottle of water.
- Take a walk: If you can't fit in your usual exercise regime don't forget that walking is good for you too. But a brisk walk with family or friends is a sociable way to maintain the regular cardio.
- Stretch a little: Find time to stretch out with some yoga poses. Ten minutes of yoga can do much to make you feel more relaxed and energised. Sitting on the floor with legs crossed with feet beneath your knees, lengthen the spine and sit up tall. Relax your shoulders, inhale deeply into your belly and press your chest forwards.
- Enjoy: Make the most of being pregnant and accept offers of help. Let other people carry the shopping and do the cooking.
You May Also Like