Electronic Cigarette Explodes in Manís Mouth

by Kathy Jones on  February 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM Lifestyle News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
A 57-year old man in Florida suffered local burns after his electronic cigarette exploded in his mouth.

Tom Holloway had turned to electronic cigarettes for his nicotine fix after deciding to kick the habit two years ago.
 Electronic Cigarette Explodes in Manís Mouth
Electronic Cigarette Explodes in Manís Mouth
Advertisement

The 57-year old was smoking in his study when the cigarette exploded in his mouth. His wife revealed that the sound was similar to a fire cracker exploding in the house and she heard him scream.

Advertisement
The explosion started a fire inside the room and all of Holloway's teeth were knocked out and burnt a part of his tongue. North Bay Fire District's Chief Butch Parker said that he could not identify the brand of e-cigarette that Holloway was smoking but revealed that it used a rechargeable battery as there was a recharging station in the study.

Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Tongue Abnormalities Health Hazards of Smoking Smoking And Cancer Smoking And Tobacco Smoking among Women Cigarette Smoking - A Silent Killer Antioxidants to Help You When You Quit Smoking 
Advertisement

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive