Medindia

X

Electronic Cigarette Explodes in Manís Mouth

by Kathy Jones on  February 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM Lifestyle News   - G J E 4
A 57-year old man in Florida suffered local burns after his electronic cigarette exploded in his mouth.

Tom Holloway had turned to electronic cigarettes for his nicotine fix after deciding to kick the habit two years ago.
 Electronic Cigarette Explodes in Manís Mouth
Electronic Cigarette Explodes in Manís Mouth
Advertisement

The 57-year old was smoking in his study when the cigarette exploded in his mouth. His wife revealed that the sound was similar to a fire cracker exploding in the house and she heard him scream.

Advertisement
The explosion started a fire inside the room and all of Holloway's teeth were knocked out and burnt a part of his tongue. North Bay Fire District's Chief Butch Parker said that he could not identify the brand of e-cigarette that Holloway was smoking but revealed that it used a rechargeable battery as there was a recharging station in the study.

Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All