After suffering an electric shock of 14,000 volts, a man developed unique star-shaped cataracts.
Four weeks after getting electrocuted, the unnamed electrician was taken to the hospital when his eyesight started to worsen, ABC News reported.
After a cataract surgery, the 42-year-old man regained his sight, but a few years later his left eye's retina detached, leaving that eye nearly incapacitated.
Further deterioration in his vision left him legally blind even though he was able to read with the help of visual aids.
The man's unique case appeared in the New England Journal of Medicine.