While children often look forward to Easter eggs and chocolates they receive during Easter, a number of vets warn that it could pose a serious health risk for your pets.
Animal experts have come out with three things that pose the most danger for your pets, with chocolate leading the way as it can often prove to be fatal, especially to dogs, along with plastic eggs and Easter lilies.
AdvertisementAccording to Doggie Business owner and dog trainer Suzanne Wright, chocolate can make your dog disoriented and directly affect their organs.
"Chocolate can be fatal to some dogs. They can get sick and disorientated and it can affect their vital organs. Chocolate can be a toxin to dogs. Everything shuts down, so it's important to be careful, especially if you have a puppy. Puppies love anything that's bright and colorful left on the floor so keep Easter eggs well out of the way", Ms Wright said.
You May Also Like