Medindia

X

Dozens of Larvae in Frozen Tegel Chicken Meal Traumatizes Woman

by Savitha C Muppala on  October 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
An Auckland woman is traumatized after she found dozens of larvae in a frozen Tegel chicken meal that she brought home and cooked.

Amy Skeates was shocked to find larvae after cooking a frozen Tegel meal of Satay tenderloins.
 Dozens of Larvae in Frozen Tegel Chicken Meal Traumatizes Woman
Dozens of Larvae in Frozen Tegel Chicken Meal Traumatizes Woman
Advertisement

"I discovered multiple what appeared to be maggots baked into the sauce that had been on the chicken. I felt totally sick, so sick that it made me vomit. I just thought 'oh my gosh, I just ate a trayful of worms."

Advertisement
When she picked up the meal from Countdown Lynfield, it was well within its marked expiration date and was in a sealed container. It was also kept frozen from the time it was bought at Countdown Lynfield.

Entomologist Ruud Kleinpaste however confirmed that dead meal worms and maggots are not bad for humans.

Fortunately apart from feeling traumatized, she did not suffer any adverse health effects.

Countdown and Tegel representatives confirmed that investigations into this matter are on.



Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All