Double dipping a chip may be tasty but it may become harmful to your health, revealed a new study.
A team of researchers led by Paul Dawson, Professor of Food Science, Clemson University found that double dipping may result in bacterial transfer in unmaginable levels. They also reported that the acidity of the dip may determine the level of bacterial transfer.
‘Stay away from double-dipped foods as they increase the chance of food-borne illness through higher amounts of bacterial transfer.’
AdvertisementThe team analyzed the bacterial transfer rates in three dips namely, salsa, cheese and chocolate. They found that once subjected to double-dipping, the salsa took on about five times more bacteria (1,000 bacteria/ml of dip) from the bitten chip when compared to chocolate and cheese dips (150-200 bacteria/ml of dip). But two hours after double-dipping, the salsa bacterial numbers dropped to about the same levels as the chocolate and cheese.
They suggested that it's better to stay away from double dipping as saliva in mouth contains higher amounts of bacteria which can easily spread through foods. Also, if you see people double dipping, steer clear of their favored snack.
PCognitive Behavioral Therapy Benefits People With Dental Phobia Affordable Care Act Reduces Infertility Rates in Women With Cervical Cancer M
You May Also Like