In a gruesome incident, doctors removed a giant mass of hair from the stomach of a 11-year-old school girl in southern Kazakhstan.
The giant mass of hair weighing more than a kilo called "trichobezoar" was found inside the stomach of the girl, when she was rushed to a hospital due to an inability to eat or swallow food. The surgeons immediately decided to operate and were shocked to find a giant mass of hair inside her stomach.
‘A school girl was found to have a giant mass of hair weighing more than a kilo inside the stomach. This condition is termed as Rapunzel Syndrome.’
AdvertisementThe huge hairball was measuring 17 centimeters (6.7 inches) in her stomach and had moved 35 centimeters (13.8 inches) into the girl's bowel.
The intestinal condition caused by ingested hair gathering in the gut is often called Rapunzel syndrome. It can cause severe stomach problems, although less serious cases can be treated with a vomit-inducing drug.
Her parents have often seen their daughter chewing hair but had no idea that she had been swallowing it. Post-surgery doctors are confident that she would be able to resume to her normal diet.
PMicroorganisms In The Womb Set Stage For Health Problems Later In Life Mumbai Equals Last Year's Record With It's 41st Organ Donation This Year M
You May Also Like