In a gruesome incident, a one- day-old-baby was killed due to a blast in the ambulance. Manish and his wife were desperate for a child since two years and luckily both were blessed with a baby boy on Dec 9, 2015.
The baby was reported to suffer with breathing problems and he was being treated at the Bhiwandi hospital. When the conditions worsened, doctors decided to shift the baby to a private hospital called Vedanta in Thane.
‘A spark from an oxygen cylinder in an ambulance has led to a blast which has killed a day-old-baby in Thane, Mumbai.’
AdvertisementThe baby was transported through a ambulance to this hospital. On December 10, doctors at the Vedanta hospital could not treat the baby and they told his parents to shift him to another hospital in Santa Cruz.
The baby was again shifted to the hospital through an ambulance. While fixing the ventilator to the baby, a spark from the cylinder ignited the ambulance and it resulted in a blast. Nobody was able to save the baby.
The doctor and nurse were trying to attach the oxygen mask to the baby, when its cylinder sparked, burning their hands. Both of them ran out of the ambulance leaving the baby behind and within a minute the blast occurred. No one was able to bring the baby out and he died," said a police official.
Thane police PRO Gajanan Kabdule said, "We immediately called the fire brigade, the civic disaster management cell to control the fire. We have asked for a technical report from the fire brigade, hospital and the disaster management cell. We are first investigating whether the incident occurred owing to negligence or was deliberate. We will file an FIR against whoever is responsible for the incident once the reports come in."
PExposure To Violence In Mexico Affects Mental Health Of Children Parents Play a Key Role in Preventing Substance Abuse of Adolescents M
You May Also Like