In what is a rare and even freaky occurrence, Romano Dias, 55, could not survive after he consumed a massive dose of pure crystal meth which was hidden in a health drink. He mistook it for a fruit juice because of the color.
An investigation into his death revealed that as soon as he had consumed a mouthful of the liquid which came packaged as a fruit drink, he had complained that it tasted really bad and that his throat hurt. He had mentioned this to his partner who was beside him at his home.
AdvertisementWithin a short time, Romano was dead. Tests on the drink revealed that it contained pure methamphetamine which is called as crystal meth. It was estimated to have a street value of Ģ34,000.
This package, which is believed to be a part of a conspiracy to import Class A drugs into the UK, had landed up with Mr. Dias erroneously by a strange quirk of fate.
The package had arrived at the home of Mr. Dias' daughter Katee in London three years ago. It had the right address but the wrong name so Mr. Dias' daughter kept it with her expecting somebody to collect it from her. She later passed it on to her father, as no one had come to collect it for a long time.
Detective Inspector Ian Simmons said, "The Ģ34,000 is a significant amount. I would say it is highly likely it was destined for a dealer. It is unique; this is not an event that happens in Cambridgeshire or elsewhere. This was a completely unaccountable and unforeseen chain of events."
P Higher Dietary Acid Load Increases Diabetes Risk CanSAR Database to Give a Thrust to Cancer Treatments M
You May Also Like