Medindia

X

Child Dies Due to Food Poisoning in Rajasthan

by Savitha C Muppala on  May 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM Indian Health News   - G J E 4
A three-year-old child died of food poisoning in Rajasthan after consuming 'Rabari' shake. Twelve family members have also been hospitalized with vomiting after they consumed the same preparation.
 Child Dies Due to Food Poisoning in Rajasthan
Child Dies Due to Food Poisoning in Rajasthan
Advertisement

According to the police, the family lives in the city's Ajmer Road area. "The family members had consumed 'rabari' (Rajasthani shake) made by mixing pearl millet flour with buttermilk, in the morning. Everyone started vomiting and complaining of stomach pain soon after that," a police officer told IANS.

Advertisement
He added that 13 family members were taken to hospital. "Seven of the victims were below the age of 14 years," the officer said.

Three-year-old Kanha died while undergoing treatment. "Three children have been admitted in the hospital's intensive care unit (ICU)," the officer added.

The doctors have told the police that the 'rabari' shake seems to be stale. "A forensic team collected samples from the victims' house for examination. The report is yet to come. However, the cause of sickness seems to be food-poisoning," the officer said.

Source: IANS
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All