About 5.6 lakh poor families in Tamil Nadu will benefit from the Chief Minister's Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme, which was launched here on Saturday.
The terms and conditions of the scheme are as follows:
1. The United India Insurance Company Limited is the vehicle for this health insurance scheme.
2. Families whose annual income is lesser than Rs 72,000 will benefit from the plan.
3. They will be provided quality medical care for identified specialty services. 1,016 diseases will be treated under the plan, and surgeries and medical procedures will also be covered during hospitalization.
4. The scheme will be implemented through government hospitals and select private hospitals.
5. Each poor family is entitled to an insurance coverage of up to Rs. 1 lakh per year. For certain specified procedures, upto Rs 1.5 lakh per year per family will be paid.
6. About 113 follow-up procedures have been included in the scheme to benefit the old and newborns.
The administration has already distributed health insurance identity cards to some beneficiaries.