The Central Government's new simplified "Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015" notified on 17th July has come into effect. The fully revamped IT application for the purpose of children, CARINGS (Child Adoption Resource Information & Guidance System), has also become operational from August 1.
The new Guidelines are intend to provide for more effective regulation for adoption of orphan, abandoned and surrendered children and would bring more transparency and efficiency in the adoption system. With the new guidelines, it would become possible for Prospective Adoptive Parents (PAPs) to track the status of their application making the entire system more user friendly.
AdvertisementThe completely revamped CARINGS will facilitate the adoption of maximum number of adoptable children and ensure a smoother adoption process by curbing undue delays. For hassle-free adoption, CARINGS will contain a centralized data bank of adoptable children and PAPs.
Clear cut timelines for domestic and inter-country adoption have been laid down to ensure early deinstitutionalization of such children.
CARINGS will now facilitate adoption with the help of the following features:
- Now, PAPs in India need not approach adoption agencies for registration. The parents can register online and upload relevant documents to determine their eligibility; Parents can directly register online without visiting the adoption agency;
- Home Study Reports are conducted by the adoption agencies and uploaded online;
- There will be online referral to the PAPs followed by visit to adoption agencies;
- In cases of inter-country adoption also, all applications are to be accepted online on CARINGS and requisite documents need to be uploaded in the system;
- Both in domestic and in international adoption, Post-adoption follow-up shall be posted online in CARINGS;
- Real time online report generation facility on periodic basis;
- All Specialized Adoption Agencies are connected to CARA online for in-country and inter-country adoption;
- Centralized online receipt of application for inter-country adoption at CARA and distribution of applications to Specialized Adoption Agencies (SAAs) by CARA;
- Real-time online information of children available in adoption agencies across the country; x)District Child Protection Units (DCPUs) are connected in CARINGS for monitoring adoption program at the district level;
- More streamlined, very transparent adoption program.
P 3-Year Old Girl Creates History As the Youngest Organ Donor in Kerala US-Based Pharmaceutical Company Issues Voluntary Recall Of Hypertension Drugs M
You May Also Like