Now, you can celebrate Independence Day at home in style with an Indian Emblem Cheese Cake thanks to Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai's Pastry Chef Rashmi.
* Powdered biscuits(200 grams)
* Melted butter(50 grams)
* Cream cheese(200 grams)
* Whipped cream(100 grams)
* Gelatin (10 grams), China Grass is a substitute
* Orange crush or orange flavour (20 ml)
* Kiwi crush or Kiwi flavour (20 ml)
* Coconut flakes (30 grams)
* Mixed fruit coulis (50 grams)
* Take the biscuits (I used Britannia cream crackers) and powder them coarsely. Add melted butter and mix it well till slightly moist.
* Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir to cool.
* Use an electric mixer to beat sugar and cream cheese. It should be light and smooth.
* Whip the cream until stiff. Add gelatin.
* Divide the cream cheese and sugar mixture into three bowls.
* Add orange crush and kiwi crush into cream cheese mixture.
* Keep plain mixture for white colour.
* Take circular baking dish. Put the mixture and sprinkle coloured coconut flakes.
* Prepare mixed fruit coulis (thick sauce) adding sugar to assorted fruits like black grapes and plums. Use the sauce as the base for dish.
* Arrange as shown in the picture. Cake is ready to serve.