Medindia

X

Brit Boy Who Suffered Allergic Reaction to Ibuprofen Happy to be Alive

by Kathy Jones on  November 1, 2012 at 6:15 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
A 11-year old British boy who suffered from an allergic reaction to ibuprofen which led to severe blisters and skin loss said that he was happy to be alive.
 Brit Boy Who Suffered Allergic Reaction to Ibuprofen Happy to be Alive
Brit Boy Who Suffered Allergic Reaction to Ibuprofen Happy to be Alive
Advertisement

Littleport, Cambs' Calvin Lock suffered from a severe reaction after his mother gave him Nurofen for Children to treat flu last month. However five days later Calvin started to experience rashes on his face and burning ear and was taken to the Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where a GP initially diagnosed it as chicken pox.

Advertisement
However the diagnosis was changed to Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS), which is a rare but severely allergic reaction to drugs, and as his condition deteriorated, he was shifted to the intensive care unit and was even placed on life support for three days.

Calvin's mother, Robyn Moult said that it was the first time her son had taken the medicine. She added that doctors removed over 65 percent of his skin and all his hair and he has started to recover from the reaction and is now at home. Stating that he was happy to be alive, Calvin said, "It looked like someone had beaten me up and threw me through a window, because all my face was cut and scarred. I'm happy that I'm here with my family and I'm happy still to be alive."


Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All