Medindia

X

Baby Served Whiskey Instead of Fruit Juice at Restaurant

by Kathy Jones on  October 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM Child Health News   - G J E 4
A two-year old boy was mistakenly served a glass of whiskey, instead of fruit juice, at a Frankie and Benny restaurant in Swansea, UK, where he was celebrating his birthday.
 Baby Served Whiskey Instead of Fruit Juice at Restaurant
Baby Served Whiskey Instead of Fruit Juice at Restaurant
Advertisement

Sonny Rees almost drank the whole glass, even though he grimaced every time he took a sip, before his mother, Nina, got suspicious and tasted the drink. She revealed that instead of fruit juice, it was a 40 percent proof drink out of which Sonny had taken more than 10 sips and was intoxicated. He was taken to a nearby hospital but was sent home later in the day.

Advertisement
"We went to the restaurant just after midday and I had ordered him lime juice and water, his favorite. The drinks arrived and I was encouraging him to take sips because he was eating salty things. We had finished our first course when we noticed he was pulling a face as he was drinking. I took it from him and took a sip myself", Nina said.

Frankie and Benny released a statement apologizing for the error and said that it was caused by human error and measures will be placed to ensure that such a mistake will not be repeated again.



Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All