Anesthesia Overdose Causes Death of a Teenage Boy in Bangalore

by Savitha C Muppala on  March 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM Indian Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
Font : A-A+

A teenage boy, who was admitted to a Bangalore hospital for liposuction, died due to anesthesia overdose. He suffered a cardiac arrest.
 Anesthesia Overdose Causes Death of a Teenage Boy in Bangalore
Anesthesia Overdose Causes Death of a Teenage Boy in Bangalore

The boy was scheduled to undergo liposuction at the Panacea Hospital in Bangalore. His weight was about 85 kilograms. It is suspected that the hospital administered an overdose of anesthesia which led to a cardiac arrest.

The boy's parents are of the opinion that an overdose of anesthesia caused a cardiac arrest. However, the doctors, have clarified that the boy suffered a heart attack prior to the surgery. The incident occurred when they gave an injection to control potential bleeding during the surgery.

The boy went into coma and could not come out of it as his brain was deprived of oxygen. Investigations in the case have begun.



Source: Medindia

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

Related Links

More News on:

Dental Anesthesia Spinal and Epidural Anesthesia Local Anaesthesia General Anesthesia Anaesthesia - History Anaesthesia - History and Origins Death Facts Post operative Complications Teenage Bereavement 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive