A woman has filed suit claiming that her popcorn habit of 16 years has caused permanent damage to her lungs.
Agnes Mercado from Queens consumed three bags of Act II Lite microwave popcorn a day between 1991 and September 2007, the New York Post said. In this time the popcorn was flavored with diacetyl, which causes lung damage.
AdvertisementIn 2007 this ingredient was withdrawn from the recipe. The Queens Supreme Court suit against ConAgra filed by Agnes says she uses an oxygen tank and is "likely to require a lung transplant."
Workers for ConAgra Foods developed a disease called "popcorn lung" which does not respond to usual medicines.
P Drop-side Cribs Will be Banned, Says Regulator Bio-medical Waste Poses Grave Danger to Environment M
You May Also Like