Toxic Chinese sofas, which left thousands of Brits with burns, have now been found to cause skin cancer, according to report.
Doctors are investigating the veracity of claims that the couches led the disease in the skin and lower body.
Lawyer Richard Langton, who has led legal action for victims, claimed that medics are investigating around 5,000 complaints, including one death.
Last year, it was revealed how Brits suffered burns, eye problems and breathing trouble by the sofas, which were packed with toxic fungicide DMF to prevent mould en route from China.
"The mystery of the sofas is far from over. We have several cases involving serious complications - including cancer and even death - and we are investigating," British tabloid The Sun quoted Langton, of lawyers Russell Jones and Walker, as saying.
He speculated that other fungicides might also have been used for packing the sofas.
Langton added: "DMF was identified by chance after months of detective work. Hundreds of other banned chemicals could cause problems."
It is believed that DMF could strip the human skin and expose it to toxins.
In the last three years, a total of 200,000 sofas were sold in stores, including Argos and Land of Leather, but were later recalled in 2008.
However, the EU only banned DMF in March, days before victims took their case for compensation to the High Court.