Medindia

X

Toddler's Sight Fright After Fall in Dog Mess

by Kathy Jones on  August 20, 2010 at 11:21 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
A two year toddler in Manchester is facing the prospect of blindness in one of her eyes after she fell down in dog feces at Platt Fields Park.
 Toddler's Sight Fright After Fall in Dog Mess
Toddler's Sight Fright After Fall in Dog Mess
Advertisement

As Amiee Langdon ran towards the gate of a fenced off area in the park, she fell down in dog dirt and rubbed her eyes before her mother Suzanne could get to her. Though her mother managed to clean her eyes and wash it, Amiee woke up early in the morning with swollen eyes and was taken to the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital.

Advertisement
Doctors confirmed that she was suffering from toxocariasis, which is carried in dog feces and which could lead to complete blindness or even death if not treated within 72 hours. While Amiee has been released from the hospital, her mother said that the doctors believed she might lose some sight in one of her eyes.

Suzanne blamed the dog owners for the problem and said that they should behave in a more responsible manner, a point of view echoed by the Manchester City Council spokesman.

"I hope this extremely upsetting incident makes irresponsible dog owners understand the very real consequences of failing to pick up after their dogs. We are thinking about this little girl and her family and we hope she makes a speedy recovery", he said.


Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All