Medindia

X

Toddlers Served Cleaning Fluid at Toby Carvery

by Dr. Trupti Shirole on  December 4, 2011 at 4:50 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
16-month old Sophie Watkinson and 1-year old Daniel Martin were accidentally served industrial cleaning fluid instead of water at the Toby Carvery, on Ecclesall Road South, in Sheffield, owned by parent company Mitchells & Butlers. The chemical used to clean pipes had been left in an unmarked jug, which waiters unwittingly used to fill the children's drinks bottle.
 Toddlers Served Cleaning Fluid at Toby Carvery
Toddlers Served Cleaning Fluid at Toby Carvery
Advertisement

As soon as the toddlers sipped the drink, they started coughing, choking and vomiting. On tasting the drink the parents found it tasted and smelled of bleach. Both the children were immediately rushed to Sheffield Children's Hospital and tests were performed on them.

Advertisement
The firm took the complete responsibility of this mishap and assured complete support to the affected families. The restaurant manger co-operated with the families and even handed over the bottle of the fluid so that doctors could analyze the patients well.

Spokesperson from the dining chain claimed to have taken all corrective measures to ensure that health and safety of the consumers is not being compromised at any point of time and staff members have been given proper to avert any such possible accidents in future.

Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All