Do you want the know the secret of healthy aging. The following tips given below would guide you in the journey of healthy aging.
1. Bones: String cheese is not just for the young. Add calcium to your diet by snacking on a stick of string cheese when hunger strikes.
2. Muscles: For a quick and easy snack, look for a nutrition bar with added soy protein or add a packet of soy or whey protein to your favourite smoothie.
3. Eyes: Punch up your intake of the eye-popping nutrients lutein and zeaxanthin by making a spinach salad with slices of oranges. Many multivitamin and mineral dietary supplements also include lutein.
4. Heart: Popcorn is a great source of whole grains.
5. Mind: Salmon or tuna that is canned in water or in a shelf-stable pouch can make easy and affordable meals.
6. A positive attitude and regular physical activity are also key to maintaining good health at any age.
These tips are included in a new healthy aging video featuring the "Guy-a-titian" David Grotto, RD which is the fifth in the International Food Information Council (IFIC) Foundation's "Foods for Health" series.