Medindia

X

Teen Had Allergic Reaction to Hair Dye

by Dr. Trupti Shirole on  November 6, 2011 at 1:39 AM General Health News   - G J E 4
Following an allergic reaction to hair dye aspiring model Chloe Robins aged 14-years was left struggling for breath, unable to see properly and violently sick. The allergic reaction is thought to be due to the chemical para-phenylenediamine (PPD) present in the dye.
Teen Had Allergic Reaction to Hair Dye
Teen Had Allergic Reaction to Hair Dye
Advertisement

The schoolgirl hoped the black dye would make her look like a zombie for a Halloween fancy dress party. Chloe's mother had conducted a patch and strand test and since there was no reaction she applied the hair color. However the teenager started complaining of itchy scalp soon after her mother applied the semi-permanent dye. Within the next 48-hours Chloe's face and neck began to swell, and she was struggling to breathe. Chloe had to be rushed to the Southampton General Hospital.

Advertisement
The hair dye brand has not yet been revealed due to the ongoing legal proceedings. The mother-daughter duo have called for a ban on hair-dye's containing PPD.

Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All