Teen Dies After Having a Bite of Chicken and Chips

by Dr. Trupti Shirole on  April 19, 2011 at 6:30 PM Diet & Nutrition News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+

Chris Smith, aged 17, went into a severe anaphylactic shock just after having one bite of chicken and chips which he had eaten several times before this. As he had a bite he felt a burning sensation in his throat and his mouth began to swell.
 Teen Dies After Having a Bite of Chicken and Chips
Teen Dies After Having a Bite of Chicken and Chips

Chris had peanut allergy but thought that it was just a mild attack and did not use his adrenaline injection (EpiPen), which treats severe allergic reactions.

Though the paramedics arrived quickly Chris could not be saved despite been given a large dose of adrenaline as his condition deteriorated rapidly. Chris was even given CPR but he passed away on the way to the hospital.


Source: Medindia

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

Oh my, what a sad news. That's why we should not treat allergies as just minor things. It's better to be safe than sorry. So I think that it's best to avoid foods we are allergic to.

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

News Category

News Archive

Loading...