A second person has died from Swine Flu in Australia since the outbreak of the H1N1 virus.
A 35-year-old man from Victoria was posthumously diagnosed with the H1N1 virus, and the cause of death is believed to be a respiratory failure caused by the flu virus.
Victoria's acting chief health officer Rosemary Lester said the man had a range of significant underlying medical problems.
"Once seen, he was intubated and ventilated to assist his breathing and transferred to the intensive care unit at Maroondah Hospital the same day. Unfortunately, the man's condition deteriorated and he died on Saturday evening," the Age quoted Dr Lester, as saying.
Dr. Lester informed that the man was critically ill when he had arrived, and his condition further deteriorated and he died on Saturday evening.
"His respiratory function deteriorated and he went into shock quite quickly," she added.
Dr Lester said the man's death was a tragic outcome and extended condolences to his family.
Meanwhile, Australian Health Minister Nicola Roxon said that the man's death was a reminder of how swine flu could present severe consequences for some people, including those who have respiratory diseases, pregnant women and the morbidly obese.