Sex Breaks of Women Revealed: Survey

by Thilaka Ravi on  July 9, 2008 at 1:58 PM Sexual Health News   - G J E 4
 Sex Breaks of Women Revealed: Survey
Sex at least three times a day is on the holiday agenda for young British women and nearly half of them have unprotected sex on holiday, putting themselves at risk of contracting sexually transmitted infections, says a recent survey.

According to a poll of 2,000 women with an average age of 25, by More magazine, one-third of those questioned admitted having slept with at least two men during the same holiday.

The survey found a quarter of women cheat while away without their partner, but only one in ten is found out.

One in six women had a fling with three or more men, according to the survey. It also revealed more than 80 per cent of women have sex with a "fellow holidaymaker". Another 35 per cent "romped" with a "local" and  21 per cent had slept with a member of hotel staff while on a holiday.

The poll also said 18 per cent had sex with a tour rep and two per cent with a member of the airline crew.

In general, the women surveyed said they were more sexually active while on holiday. On average they have three holidays a year during which they have sex three times a day.

The shocking study found that the women while shedding their inhibitions also throw caution to the winds and are at risk of contracting sexually transmitted infections.

About 60 per cent said they always carried condoms on holiday, while the remaining 40 per cent said that they only rarely carried them or did not carry them at all.

Chantelle Horton, deputy editor of More magazine, said: "The 60 per cent of women who said they always take condoms on holiday is higher than maybe five or six years ago so in that case it's a positive figure as women obviously think it's acceptable to carry condoms nowadays."

"But the worry is the 40 per cent who don't carry condoms, although they could be the ones who have boyfriends or are going away with family and don't intend to have sex on holiday,"  Chantelle Horton added.

The issue of personal safety was also explored in the study. Nealy half of the group said they had suffered sexual harassment on holiday, a third had been mugged, 12 per cent said their accommodation had been broken into and 4 per cent had been attacked.

Source: Medindia

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions