Health insurance is essential to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. 7 tips for buying health insurance include:
1) Determine the type of insurance coverage you need. What does the plan cover? Do you require specialized care or follow-up? Is this covered? Do you require rehabilitation therapy such as occupational therapy, physical therapy or other?
2) Does the plan cover your prescriptions? Some plans do not cover certain medications. They may cover a medication that it designed to accomplish the same goal but is not exactly the same.
3) Determine what insurance your existing health care professionals accept. This may or may not be important to you. However, some insurance plans only allow you to see certain health care providers and visit certain clinics. Depending on the options, it may be more convenient to pay slightly more per month to be able to continue seeing your existing health care providers.
4) Obtain multiple quotes in writing. Once you have determined what type of coverage you need, search for the best price and terms. Get the quotes in writing. This keeps you organized, keeps the insurance representative that provided the quote accountable and allows you to easily compare the different quotes.
5) Research insurance providers research insurance companies and see how they rate amongst their counterparts. Do they have a high customer satisfaction rating? Do you know others that are already covered by this insurance provider?
6) Read the fine print. Are there any hidden costs? For example, is there a hidden fee if you were to switch insurance providers?
7) Have a trusted friend and/or family member review the options with you. It is beneficial to have another person review the details of the insurance plan. They may have some insight into the terms of the policy.