A school has banned children from wearing goggles during swimming lessons - claiming they are hazardous.
Teachers and governors at Ysgol Bryn Coch junior school, in Mold, north Wales, said claimed they are a "hazard and can cause permanent eye injury".
Parents described the ruling as "bonkers", reports The Daily Star.
And lifeguard trainer Tom Ingram said it could stop children developing their swimming.
He said: "In 10 years of training lifeguards and watching pools I have never known an injury from a pair of goggles.
"In fact, it may be worse for kids not to wear goggles as it will stop them developing their stroke, make them strain their necks and leave their eyes exposed to the pool chemicals."
Three children have been pulled out of swimming lessons in protest at the ruling.
But one parent fumed: "Why do councils allow children to wear them in public swimming pools if they are so dangerous?
"Why has the school taken this ridiculous stance? It's health and safety gone mad."
The advice has been issued by the British Association of Advisors and Lecturers in Physical Education.
Headteacher Lynne Williams insisted: "It has been recognised that goggles can pose a real risk to children and this has been accepted by the governors."