Peanut Allergy Claims the Life of 13-year Old

by Dr. Trupti Shirole on  March 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM General Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+

13-year old Katelyn Carlson died after eating Chinese food. The girl is believed to have gone into an anaphylactic shock after having eaten the food ordered from Chinese Inn restaurant in Niles.
 Peanut Allergy Claims the Life of 13-year Old
Peanut Allergy Claims the Life of 13-year Old

Lab tests on the food have confirmed that the food had trace amounts of peanut products and Katelyn had an acute peanut allergy. Despite making explicit requests that peanuts or peanut products like sauces or oils should not be used in any of the food preparations, the restaurant failed to do so, due to which the Carlson Family has decided to sue the restaurant.

The father of the deceased is seeking more than 100,000 US Dollars in damages from the Chinese restaurant.

Source: Medindia

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

Related Links

More News on:

Allergy Celiac Disease Types of Food Allergies Dealing with Pollen Allergy Remedies for Seasonal Allergy Relief Choose The Right Over-the-Counter Drugs for Allergy Allergy - Symptom Evaluation Top Health Benefits of Peanut Butter and Easy Home Recipes Health Benefits of Peanuts Top Ten Budget-Friendly Foods 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

News Category

News Archive

Loading...