Patient Exposed to Radiation Dies at AIIMS

by VR Sreeraman on  April 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM General Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
Font : A-A+

Patient Exposed to Radiation Dies at AIIMS
A man hospitalized at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) earlier this month after radiation exposure, died of multiple-organ failure on Monday.

Thirty-five year old Rajender, a worker in the Mayapuri scrap market, was admitted here on April 13.

"Doctors told us that he has died then we came to know. He fell sick after radiation exposure. On Friday he began coughing so doctors shifted him to ICU (Intensive Care Unit)," said Ajit Kumar, relative of Rajender.

Four other radiation exposure patients are still in AIIMS.

Ten sources of Cobalt-60 had been discovered in the market.

Cobalt-60 is a radioactive isotope of cobalt, which is a hard, lustrous, grey metal. It is used in cancer therapy machines and other medical equipment.

Source: ANI
SRM

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Radiotherapy X-Ray Radiation Hazards Acute Radiation Syndrome 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive