Overdose of Pills Purchased Online Caused the Death of a Teen Student

by Savitha C Muppala on  January 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM Mental Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
Font : A-A+

18 year-old student, Nathan Lightfoot, from Alleyne's High School, died last year due to drug overdose.

Nathan was a good student. To cope with the stress of ensuing A-level exams, he had bought some pills over the internet which proved to be his undoing.
 Overdose of Pills Purchased Online Caused the Death of a Teen Student
Overdose of Pills Purchased Online Caused the Death of a Teen Student

An overdose of, antihistamine tablets claimed his life on June 8th last year. Medicines for fever and allergies can turn poisonous when taken in high doses.

Five months before this occurrence, Nathan was diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

Detectives investigating this case were unable to comment on the number of pills consumed by the victim. They could also not find out exactly when he might have consumed those pills.

The company which supplied these medicines over the net could not be traced. 

  

 



Source: Medindia

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Drug Toxicity Death Facts Bereavement 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive