The onset of summer has not only brought unwelcome heat, but has also resulted in a rise in water-borne diseases in Surat.
Gastroenteritis claimed the life of a five-year-old called Nirav Rathod, a resident of Anand Nagar in Sagrampura, authorities have confirmed. The boy died at the New Civil Hospital on Sunday after he was admitted that morning following complaints of vomiting and diarrhoea.
Advertisement"Rise in gastroenteritis cases is not unusual in this season. We are carrying out a public awareness drive in the city and have advised people to take precautionary steps. We are also organising medical camps in different wards," said SMC Medical Officer Dr Hemant Desai.
His comments came in after 16 gastric-cases were reported from Ramkrupa Society in the Varachha area. Preventive measures have been taken as the Surat Municipal Corporation is distributing chlorine tablets in different parts of the city.
P Over Half of Bio-medical Waste Disposed With Municipal Garbage 80-Year Old Theory of 'Primordial Soup' as Origin of Life Crashes M
You May Also Like