An inquest into the death of a 25-year old British mother was told that she died due to liver failure caused by an overdose over-the-counter drug including paracetamol and ibrufen.
Donna Bishop, who died on January 4, was suffering from a cold two weeks before her death. She was self medicating herself with Lemsip, paracetamol and cough medicine and on a trip to Scotland with her friend, she bumped up the dosage, believing that the current dosage was having no effect.
AdvertisementShe then visited her doctor on December 31 who prescribed her with antibiotics after diagnosing that she was suffering from chest infection. Her friend Catherine Hill revealed that Ms Bishop continued to take paracetamol, Lemsip and ibrufen even after ulcers appeared in her mouth that made swallowing difficult.
On January 2, her sister, Kerrie Bishop, came for a visit and found Ms Bishop to be forgetful, yellow and unsteady on her feet. When Kerrie Bishop found that her sister had told the neighbor that she had left all her belongings on the plane, she called for an ambulance.
Ms Bishop was admitted twice in the hospital but then lost her life due to liver failure. The inquest was told that the pathologist wrote in the report that she had lost her life due to liver failure that was caused by paracetamol overdose.
P Soviet-Era Pill Could Help Kick the Butt Extra Scans Advocated for Women Expecting Twins or Triplets M
You May Also Like