Authorities in Mexico have ordered the closure of all archeological sites to the public in a further effort to stop the spread of a new fatal flu.
The places, including world-famous Aztec and Mayan pyramids, will be closed "until further notice," the National Institute of Anthropology and History said in a statement.
The measure came on the heels of others by federal and local officials, all designed to prevent people gathering and possibly transmitting the swine flu to each other.
Mexico is the epicenter of a worldwide flu epidemic. So far, more than 150 people have likely died from the virus and more than 1,600 people are suspected to be infected.
Bars, cafes, restaurants, gyms, cinemas and theaters in the capital were told to close Tuesday. The federal government has also ordered schools nationwide to shut.
The move to bar access to Mexico's pre-Colombian heritage came as tourist numbers to the countries dwindled.
Tour companies in Britain, France and Germany have canceled trips to Mexico, as have major US cruise lines. Cuba said it was suspending all flights to and from Mexico until Friday.