Lady Dies Due to Severe Allergic Reaction to Mouthwash

by Savitha C Muppala on  September 16, 2011 at 11:53 PM Dental News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
Font : A-A+

A severe reaction to a mouthwash caused the death of an English woman during the course of her treatment for an infected tooth at a Brighton dental clinic.

Sacha Rumaner complained that she felt very hot and itchy after she rinsed her mouth with mouthwash Corsodyl.
 Lady Dies Due to Severe Allergic Reaction to Mouthwash
Lady Dies Due to Severe Allergic Reaction to Mouthwash

Just seconds later she fell to the floor after suffering an anaphylactic shock and died almost instantly.

Even though paramedics appeared in minutes they were unable to revive her.
 
Investigation is on to ascertain the reason behind such a severe reaction to the mouthwash.



Source: Medindia

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

Related Links

More News on:

Allergy Dealing with Pollen Allergy Mouthwash Anaphylaxis Aspergillosis Sulphonamide Allergy Erythema 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive