Lady Allergic to Electricity

by Savitha C Muppala on  May 20, 2011 at 12:20 AM General Health News   - G J E 4
A lady from Britain has become allergic to electricity after she underwent chemotherapy to treat bowel cancer three years ago.

This rare condition called electro sensitivity has left her unable to operate an electric kettle or stay in a neighborhood with wireless internet.  
 Lady Allergic to Electricity
Lady Allergic to Electricity

Due to this condition, Janice Tunnicliffe, 55, has to be completely away from electromagnetic fields of any kind and therefore she has stopped watching television, using the mobile and listening to radio.

"Different things give me different feelings but it's mostly headaches and nausea. iPhones make feel really sick within about 20 minutes of being near one so even though I might not realize someone has one straightaway, I soon find out.Wifi makes me feel like I have a clamp at the back of my head which is squeezing the life out of me. It's completely draining and a home hub can totally immobilize me - I'm left unable to move my arms and legs," Janice said.

Source: Medindia

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions
I've heard of food allergies but electrical allergies? This condition is really a rare one. Poor woman. Almost all around her have electricity. How can she survive?
ennairam_23 Thursday, May 19, 2011

You May Also Like

View All