Medindia

X

Kiss Almost Fatal for nut Allergy Teen

by Kathy Jones on  July 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM Lifestyle News   - G J E 4
A light peck on the lips almost proved to be fatal for a 14-year old Briton who was rushed to the hospital after developing anaphylactic shock thanks to a severe nut allergy.
 Kiss Almost Fatal for nut Allergy Teen
Kiss Almost Fatal for nut Allergy Teen
Advertisement

Laura Kukic greeted her boyfriend with a light kiss but immediately suffered an allergic reaction that saw her face swell up and experience difficulty in breathing after a trace of hazelnuts cereal got into her system.

Advertisement
The school staff immediately injected her with her epipen though she recovered, she was sent to the hospital as a precautionary measure.

"Who'd have guessed that a peck on the lips could be so dangerous. Luckily I have lived to tell the tale. It just shows you how something that you would think is so safe could turn into something so dangerous", Kukic said.




Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All