Kiss Almost Fatal for nut Allergy Teen

by Kathy Jones on  July 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM Lifestyle News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
Font : A-A+

A light peck on the lips almost proved to be fatal for a 14-year old Briton who was rushed to the hospital after developing anaphylactic shock thanks to a severe nut allergy.
 Kiss Almost Fatal for nut Allergy Teen
Kiss Almost Fatal for nut Allergy Teen

Laura Kukic greeted her boyfriend with a light kiss but immediately suffered an allergic reaction that saw her face swell up and experience difficulty in breathing after a trace of hazelnuts cereal got into her system.

The school staff immediately injected her with her epipen though she recovered, she was sent to the hospital as a precautionary measure.

"Who'd have guessed that a peck on the lips could be so dangerous. Luckily I have lived to tell the tale. It just shows you how something that you would think is so safe could turn into something so dangerous", Kukic said.




Source: Medindia

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Allergy Dealing with Pollen Allergy Remedies for Seasonal Allergy Relief Choose The Right Over-the-Counter Drugs for Allergy Allergy - Symptom Evaluation Stay Well This Winter Health Benefits of Acorns 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive