Medindia

X

Infant Dies After Being Placed on Dodgy Incubator

by Kathy Jones on  February 12, 2011 at 9:27 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
In a tragic incident, a 15-day old boy lost his life after he was put in a broken incubator that clearly had a "Do Not Use" sticker on it.
 Infant Dies After Being Placed on Dodgy Incubator
Infant Dies After Being Placed on Dodgy Incubator
Advertisement

The baby had been early released by the hospital who said that there was no problem what so ever with the child. However the mother, whose name is being with held, was re-admitted to the Singleton Hospital in Swansea, South Wales, after complaining about chest infection.

Advertisement
The baby was taken to the incubator with the hospital staff failing to notice the "Do Not Use" sticker and died due to chronic case of pneumonia since the incubator failed to keep him sufficiently warm.

Abertawe Bro Morgannwg Community Health Council in Swansea said that they have received a complaint from the mother. "The post mortem revealed the baby was perfect in every way but died from massive bilateral bronchopneumonia", the council said.




Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All