The top ten things that keep people from attaining their ideal body shape and weight have been revealed by a brother-sister team.
Dian Griesel, Ph.D. (Nutrition) and Tom Griesel spent 30 years working with scientific researchers while continuously experimenting with various diets, and found certain things that stop people from maintaining their diets.
Advertisement"The best of diet intentions fail in late afternoon and evening because dieters fall for certain traps that sabotage success," Dr. Griesel said.
According to the authors, those traps include:
1. Traditional diet and exercise advice that is all wrong.
2. Motivation that is misdirected. The choice needs to be: Which do I value more? A chocolate bar now or a longer and healthier life with my family?
3. Eating when we are really thirsty.
4. Burning the candle too late, is counter productive to fat burning. A good night's sleep burns fat and keeps us from eating.
5. Dieting and aerobic exercising together reduce calories, so primitive starvation-survival mechanisms kick in making the brain scream for food.
7. Hanging out with an overeating, unimaginative crowd.
8. Manufacturers make foods addictive by using sugar/fat/salt combos.
9. Manufacturers make foods addictive with chemicals and preservatives.
10. Commercials could make anyone hungry.
"They are designed to be enticing-even though we all know a fast-food burger tastes like a hockey puck!" the authors say.
The two are co-authors of TurboCharged, a new book that outlines a revolutionary eight-step rapid fat-loss program requiring no aerobic exercise, supplements or special equipment.
With TurboCharged, the Griesels introduce entirely groundbreaking concepts that defy common weight-loss thinking.
They share eight simple steps that successfully deliver body-defining rapid fat loss in record time, along with greater health and improved odds of longevity.
"The book's promise is that regardless of your age, current percentage of body fat, or scale weight, you can achieve a lean, awe-inspiring body and learn to avoid common diet traps that are making you fat," the authors added.
P Study Says Sea Diet and Siesta Point to Greek Island Longevity "Chemical Calories" in Beauty Products Can Make You Fat M
You May Also Like