In recent years job stress has become a massive issue as it can fray nerves, keep you up at night, and contribute to health problems such as heart disease and depression.
Now, experts have identified some specific work situations that are likely to make your blood boil and their corresponding solutions, reports Fox News.
1. Overworked underling: You're busy from the time you get to work until the time you leave with little freedom while you're there.
These types of jobs-known as "high-demand, low-control"-tend to cause a great deal of psychological strain, said Peter L. Schnall, an occupational stress expert at the University of California at Irvine.
2. Castaway: You are not in a good way and your boss is not helping you.
To solve this, work on communicating your needs, both practical and emotional. If you want your boss's help, be as specific as possible, and make connecting with co-workers a priority, the researchers suggested.
3. Frustrated go-getter: Here you work your tail off, but you feel you don't receive enough credit-or compensation.
We should try discussing our career goals with our boss. You may not get the rewards you want right away, but you could gain some insight about how to improve your situation-and outlook, said experts.
4. Doormat: When you have to tolerate demanding and verbally abusive customers.
Ask your boss for advice or additional training on how to handle difficult customers without feeling demoralized, according the researchers.
5. Tech prisoner: This happens when your boss' 24/7 call invades your personal life.
"Technostress is an important and growing issue," said Rosch, who is also a clinical professor of medicine and psychiatry at New York Medical College, in Valhalla, N.Y.
To protect yourself from mental and physical strain, learn how to unplug (literally), the researchers said.