A new report has suggested that half of all parents medicate their children with wrong doses of paracetamol, even if they do not need it.
According to the Sunday Telegraph, last year the NSW Poisons Information Centre received 4300 calls relating to painkillers and children.
Among them, 3000 calls were for paracetamol overdose, while 1300 calls were for Ibuprofen.
"Fever season is here and people are going to be using paracetamol and ibuprofen in children," News.com.au quoted toxicologist and medical director of the centre, Dr Naren Gunja as saying.
"My advice is, be meticulous about the dose," he added.