Government Allots Rs 1,231 Crore for Promoting Healthy Lifestyle

by Kathy Jones on  July 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM Indian Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+

The Indian government has embarked on an ambitious scheme to fight diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart ailments and stroke.
 Government Allots Rs 1,231 Crore for Promoting Healthy Lifestyle
Government Allots Rs 1,231 Crore for Promoting Healthy Lifestyle

Towards this end, it has decided to allot Rs 1,231 crore over the next two years. Under the new scheme, the National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS) will screen over seven crore people for detecting diabetes and hypertension as early as possible and instituting the appropriate treatment.

Around 32,000 people will be trained to provide opportunistic and targeted screening, diagnosis and management of non-communicable diseases.

Of the Rs 1,231 crore, some Rs 499 crore will go interventions on diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and stroke, while the rest will be spent for cancer control. Of the total outlay, the Center will pay 80%, while the states will fund the remaining 20%.




Source: Medindia

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Healthy Gifting Ideas for Diwali 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor
Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive