Flossing is just as important as brushing your teeth as this helps clean areas of the teeth where the brush cannot reach.. Research shows that regular flossing helps in maintaining good oral hygiene and also prevents the development of gum diseases.
Before using the dental floss, ask your dental hygienist to show the proper technique. For beginners, flossing can be stressful, but with time it becomes a part of the routine.
AdvertisementSome useful tips for proper flossing include:
* Avoid wrapping the floss too tightly around your fingers.
* Use a routine as in starting with the front teeth and them moving backwards or vice versa.
* Practice till you can improve the technique and are comfortable with it.
* Remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly after flossing
* Initially flossing may cause bleeding in the gums, if this persists, visit your dentist.