Expired Cough Syrup Proves Fatal for Sisters

by Kathy Jones on  December 23, 2010 at 9:52 PM Indian Health News   - G J E 4
In a tragic incident, two babies from Magahua, a village at the outskirts of Lucknow, died after drinking a cough syrup that had expired two years ago.
 Expired Cough Syrup Proves Fatal for Sisters
Expired Cough Syrup Proves Fatal for Sisters

According to the police, the parents of two year old Shreya and her younger sister Jaya had given them a cough syrup after their cough and cold refused to die down. However very soon their condition deteriorated and the parents rushed them to the hospital where they both died.

The police added that the bodies had been sent for postmortem though early indications have revealed that the deaths occurred due to the cough syrup which had expired back in 2009.

Source: Medindia

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions
This is propaganda! There is no need to consume more. Expiration dates are not to be trusted.
dasdasd Friday, February 3, 2012

You May Also Like