26-year-old Kerrie Wooltorton was allowed to die by doctors after she told medical staff to make her comfortable but not try to save her.
Wooltorton was mentally ill and had swallowed anti-freeze. Consultant Alexander Heaton, of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital told an inquest hearing that they had no choice, "It's a horrible thing to have to do, but I felt I had no alternative but to go with her wishes."
AdvertisementKerrie had swallowed anti-freeze nine times before, but had allowed doctors to save her on those occasions.
You May Also Like