Kev and Clare Thomas have won a five-figure payout from the Mid-Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust after doctors failed to remove the 6-inch endotracheal tube inserted to help their newborn breathe.
The endotracheal tube had to be inserted after baby Owen was born in February 2007 because he was not breathing, owing to shoulder dystocia.
AdvertisementThe medical staff forgot to remove the tube and the baby later coughed it up in front of his horrified mother. Mrs. Thomas believes Owen would have died if she had not been there. She said, "Owen turned blue and looked like he was choking. So I slapped him on the back and this tube came out." Owen was not affected long-term by the incident.
PWorld's Cheapest Car Undergoes a Makeover Making Functional Electrical Stimulation Safer And More Efficient M
You May Also Like