Some of the leading researchers have debunked cod science fallacies of popular celebrities.
Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty had recently said that she avoids carbonated drinks as they sap all the oxygen from the body and make skin wrinkly and dehydrated.
However, Professor Ron Maughan, physiologist, Loughborough University suggests the contrary.
"Carbonated drinks have no effect on oxygen levels in the body," The Times quoted Maughan as saying.
"At rest, the body is constantly producing carbon dioxide and this amount increases during exercise. By comparison, the amount from a fizzy drink is trivial," Maughan added.
Heather Mills, ex-wife of Sir Paul McCartney and a former model said "[Meat] sits in your colon for 40 years and eventually gives you the illness you die of.
But Melita Gordon, gastroenterologist at the University of Liverpool says, "Meat proteins, like all other proteins, are digested by enzymes, and absorbed in the small bowel before they ever reach the colon. Any indigestible matter is ... expelled".
Actor Roger Moore believed that eating foie gras could lead to Alzheimer's, diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.
Dr Stuart Rulten, molecular biologist, University of Sussex debunks the myth saying, "There is no scientific evidence that eating foie gras will directly cause Alzheimer's disease, diabetes or arthritis."
Fergie from Black Eyed Peas said "I do vinegar shots. It has to be organic apple cider, unfiltered. Two tablespoons. For some reason I've noticed a difference on my stomach."
Lucy Jones, a dietician at the Whittington NHS Trust counters Fergie's views and says, "As attractive as it sounds, there's no magic pill, lotion or potion for a quick fix to weight loss.
"The body, including the liver, is a well-oiled detoxing machine, which will not be improved by vinegar, whether it be organic, apple cider, unfiltered, or your bog standard malt vinegar," Jones added.
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow said, "When I'd read about what pesticides do to small animals, I thought, Why would I expose my child to that?"However, according to Professor Alan Boobis, toxicologist, Imperial College London, "Animals are exposed to doses substantially greater than those to which consumers will ever be exposed. If studies produce doubt about the safety of a esticide, it is not approved for use."