Medindia

X

Chlorine Gas Leak Claims 3 Lives in Mumbai, Over 50 Hospitalised

by VR Sreeraman on  July 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM Indian Health News   - G J E 4
At least three people have been died and over 50 hospitalised of a suspected chlorine leak at the Mumbai Port Trust near Sewri on Wednesday.
 Chlorine Gas Leak Claims 3 Lives in Mumbai, Over 50 Hospitalised
Chlorine Gas Leak Claims 3 Lives in Mumbai, Over 50 Hospitalised
Advertisement

The gas leakage was reported in the vicinity of Lal Bahadur Shastri college here at 4. am. According to sources, fourteen students from the Lal Bahadur Shastri College also been affected. They have been admitted to JJ Hospital.

Advertisement
As a precautionary measure, people residing in and around the area have been evacuated. The Cause of the leakage is being probed.

Chlorine gas is a respiratory irritant. It causes eye irritation as well as nausea, vomiting, dizziness and headache.

If exposed a long period of time and in strong concentration, it can lead to restlessness, throat irritation and excess salivation.

Source: ANI
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All